Here are some of the small pleasures we find in being Jewish:
- Seeing how beautiful the room looks with the Shabbat candles lit;
- Watching your child say the prayer over the Shabbat candles;
- Teaching your child to say the HaMotzi prayer over bread;
- Making a great chicken dish on Friday evening for Shabbat;
- Making latkes with your kids for Chanukah;
- Giving Chanukah gifts each night of the holiday;
- Reading a wonderful book about a Jewish subject;
- Going into a bookstore and seeing how many WONDERFUL, FASCINATING books there are in the Judaica section;
- Noticing how many smart, funny, brilliant, important, successful, influential people are Jewish;
- Noticing how many Jewish people influence the news;
- Taking a nap under a warm quilt on Shabbat afternoon;
- Feeling the sweet sadness that comes with the end of Shabbat;
- Watching and feeling how Shabbat comes earlier and earlier as autumn descends - and then later and later as spring comes;
- Actually being able to follow the service in Hebrew;
- Walking into a synagogue and realizing you know three quarters of the people there;
- Understanding what's happening in the Shabbat service;
- Knowing the main prayers and their melodies in the service;
- Really enjoying the Rabbi's sermon;
- Feeling proud of a fellow congregant who chants the Haftorah;
- Really enjoying a great Kiddish (refreshments after services);
- Watching the children come in all dressed up for the High Holy Day Childrens Service;
- Actually reading the Torah parsha;
- Suddenly discovering that you know more than the next person about Judaism and/or Jewish practices;
Tell us your Small Pleasures in Judaism and
we will add them here.
We are very interested in your feedback!
Please do e-mail us your thoughts about
our website and program.
Or - fill out our
Quick & Short Feedback Survey.
(Reasonably quick & short...)
Time for a cookie! - All Kosher - (OU/D) - Yum!...
Don't forget to check out our
SHOP KEHILLAH BOUTIQUE!
for all kinds of goodies
that help support KEHILLAH...